What can you do personally to protect yourself from COVID-19, commonly know as the Coronavirus?
- Stay calm, stress can comprise your immune system and right now you need to make sure you keepyour health and body strong so if you do become infected your body will be able to fight off the virus.
- Stock up on shelf stable food (canned goods, pasta, rice, nuts, dried fruits etc.) and water, so you can stay home for 2-3 weeks, if you need to quarantine yourself or a family member.
- Wash your hands often with soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds. If you’re unable to wash with soap, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- If you need prescription or other medications, it’s a good idea to stock up if possible.
- Clean surfaces frequently, using over the counter cleaners, preferably with bleach and/or hydrogen peroxide.
- Avoid gatherings of large numbers of people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Fist bump rather than handshake
- If you cough into your sleeve, wash your clothes right away, or instead couch into a tissue and discard
- Boost your immune system and maintain a low stress level
Here are some tips to help you boost your immune system and reduce your stress levels:
- Keep coming in for chiropractic adjustments and massages!
- Get acupuncture and cupping
- Get monthly b-12 shots which helps boosts your immunity (we will be offering Wellness Wednesdays to our clients! Starting Wednesday, March the 18th clients can stop in for a b-12 shot from 2-4pm, for only $25 (savings of $5 per shot).
- Get your vitamin D tested! If you are deficient take a vitamin d supplement. We can provide you with the lab form for this test, or go to your Primary Care Doctor and they can test it.
- Do a cleanse! On April 8th, 2020 The Wellness Center will be doing the 14 day Conscious Cleanse! Join us! Lose weight, remove toxins, re-charge your body and boost your immune system!