Mercier therapy: a natural fertility treatment
What is Mercier Therapy?
Mercier Therapy provides a safe, gentle, and naturally minded pelvic visceral manipulative technique for women facing fertility challenges, experiencing pelvic pain, recovering from gynecologic surgery, and having undergone traumatic birthing experiences. Our goal is to serve women of all ages—from teens to those going through menopause—who are searching for a more natural approach to a multitude of pelvic issues. Our practices started when we saw that this type of therapy is lacking today. We want to be the first to offer such a unique healing experience. The ultimate intention of fertility massage using Mercier Therapy is to help women navigate their way through infertility and pelvic pain so they can see tangible results. We want to provide a solution that makes sense.
Pelvic Pain Treatments:
Pelvic Visceral Manipulation is for women who have adhesions in their reproductive tract. Adhesions act like glue — disrupting the function of affected organs. Visceral Manipulation involves gentle stretching to loosen tightened areas of soft tissue and is continued until the tension is released. The goal is to decrease adhesions in and around the organs, ligaments, muscles, joints and support structures of the pelvis, abdomen, hips and lower back. It is gentle and noninvasive and has a success rate of 71% (IVF’s success rate is as low as 20%). Retraining pelvic organs to return to their normal status and function is the common sense approach to increasing your chance of conceiving and improving your health at the same time.
Mercier Therapy Visceral Manipulation has proven to help the following issues:
- Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Scaring or adhesions from previous surgery
- Sexual Abuse trauma
- Persistent pelvic pain
- Sexual function
- Appendicitis, gastritis, other abdominal inflammations
Adhesions May Develop Through a Woman’s Lifetime in Various Ways:
- Abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Back surgery
- Endometriosis, sexually transmitted disease, IUD
- Fall onto hip, buttocks, or tailbone
- Low back, hip, or leg pain
- Pain or cramps in abdomen or groin
- Pain with sitting or with sexual intercourse
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder or yeast infections
- Physical trauma or vehicle accident
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Physical PMS symptoms, Vaginitis, cystitis, colitis, other pelvic inflammations
Fertility & In Vitro Fertilization Facts:
Infertility plagues an estimated 9 million women. One in vitro fertilization (IVF) attempt costs between $12,000 and $15,000, and you have no guarantees of getting pregnant. For some, this is not even a consideration. And for others who choose to take the chance with in vetro fertilization (IVF), they will have 1 or more failed attempts– extremely expensive attempts. After going through the emotional roller coaster and hormonal imbalances that go with IVF, the treatment can be absolutely exhausting and depressing and your goal of getting pregnant still has yet to be achieved.
Mercier Therapy Natural Fertility Treatments – an Alternative Choice to IVF
Mercier Therapy has completed an ongoing 4 year study to show an 83% pregnancy success rate within one year of finishing the Shared Journey Fertility program. The study finished in September 2012 and was published in the Midwifery Today Spring 2013 journal.
Click here for Mercier Therapy Abstract.
Dr. Stevens Mercier Therapy program assists with:
- Regulate menstrual cycle and ovulation
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems
- Improve ovarian and hormone function for better quality follicles/eggs
- Increase uterine blood flow and lining
- Deeply relaxing – reducing anxiety & stress
- Improve the success of IVF, IUI and other technologies
- Improve Male Factor sperm quality, quantity and motility
- Decrease chance of miscarriaging
- Natural fertility preparation or to Complement IVF, IUI, etc
The treatment also addresses: High FSH, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Premature Ovarian Failure, Luteal Phase defects, Endometriosis, Autoimmune infertility, and Recurrent Miscarriage
The program is custom tailored to each individual woman’s situation and will be discussed in further detail at a consultation.
If you are interested in this program: please contact The Wellness Center (303) 357-9355 to schedule a 30 minute consultation with Dr. Stevens. This consultation may be done over the phone or in person at our office. The cost is $35.
If you decide to move forward with the Shared Journey Fertility Program here are the details: $2450 (to be paid in full up front) We also have a package if you are only interested in the pelvic visceral manipulation work, please inquire with Dr. Stevens.
The Program Includes:
- Initial 90min appointment to review lab work (does not include cost of supplements or lab testing)
- 6 – 1-hr sessions of pelvic visceral manipulation
- Monthly 30 minute in office or phone appointment check ins (valid for a year from start date)
- Unlimited email access and questions to Dr. Stevens
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT MERCIER THERAPY